Have you ever joined a network marketing business and waited until you got your products and kept making excuses until you made your list or got to work? I know I have, I can remember times where I spent days or even weeks just working on my office or waiting until my business cards arrived or until I got my new products in the mail before I did anything with my business. Some people I have come across over the years spend 90% of their time just doing that and not much more. And you wonder why so many people are not successful with network marketing. Some people I have come across over the years spend 90% of their time just attending events or training calls. That’s valuable, but unless you get into action you will probably never see your business grow past an auto ship order and a tax write off. If you want to make income in MLM whether it be a few thousand or several thousand a month you must sponsor a lot of people and continue to do so over and over again until you get a decent sized team together. Once you get a good team going your activity will shift to get into the trenches and work with your people. 3-way calls, presentations, etc…
This article isn’t really written for the team leader with a large team, but more for the person just getting started in network marketing or the individual who is struggling. I want to give you some valuable tips to build your business fast without being an internet guru. Besides the internet rarely works building a large team if you don’t know how to connect with others offline.
So below I have given you some action tips that should really help you get up and running. But before I leave these tips keep in mind that you really only get paid to do two things in network marketing – recruit customers, and to recruit distributors. Once you realize that -you can spend 80% of your time on that activity and the other 20% working with your team and on-going training. I call it the 80/20 rule and you won’t move from that until you have a team of at least 50 or 60 people who are active and calling you for 3 ways or support.
Activity Tips to Explode your Network Marketing Business in 90 Days!
- Make a list of 20 people who know you and like you and call them and tell them what you are up to. Don’t worry about the outcome just call them and announce to them that you are a distributor with this great company and wanted to share your products and opportunity with them. You might get a response like, isn’t this that pyramid thing? You’re going to answer, “I don’t know about that, but I plan on taking my family to go see the pyramids after I build this business.”
- Once you go through your 20 then you will want to cold call. You need to make a goal of how many calls you can make per day. If you work full-time it may only be 5 or 10 calls per day. If you’re scared of the phone you will need to get over it eventually, but you can reach out to 5 or 10 people per day on Facebook via Facebook Messenger. If you need tips on how to do this you can fill out my form on this website and get my free E-book to help you get going.
- Always be adding to your network and make sure you have business cards on you at all times. As you continue to expand your network there will be more and more opportunity to share your opportunity. If you don’t get out of the house much then you may want to look up professionals in your area and email them until you get good posture on the phone. You can do this through Facebook or LinkedIn by doing a search. Only do this a few times per day. I have an entire blog post on how to do this activity click here to read (read after you get through this post).
- Set a day and time that you are going to do your business and stick to it. If you have a full-time job then you might only be able to work in the evenings (The best time to reach people anyways). You will do only prospecting from 6PM to 8PM Monday – Friday and attend 1 training call per week. That’s about 10 to 12 hours per week and very doable for most people. You can generally reach around 10 to 15 people per day if you put the blinders on.
- Once you get someone who says they would like more information than you simply invite them to look at your opportunity – online, offline, wherever. Most presentations take around 30 minutes. Once they agree to watch your company presentation schedule a time to follow up and ask them one question, “What did you like best”? Then wait for their response (first person to speak always loses). Remember, you don’t care about the outcome. If they are interested then you simply call your upline immediately and get them on a 3-way call or schedule a time to do this (please make sure you know how to do a 3-way call on your phone). You’re off the hook at this point. Let your upline enroll your downline and breath.
There is more that you can do once you start making money like advertising and purchasing leads, but these tips should keep you busy for a few months and get you a decent sized downline in 90 days. The keyis to be busy every day and keep moving. When you run out of people to talk to turn to Facebook or LinkedIn and just keep going and you will be successful. If you feel like you need some coaching or just a mentor for a month or two to get you going feel free to email me at firstname.lastname@example.org for a free 30-minute consultation. I have coached many successful networkers over the years and know what it takes to build a large team.