Around 8 years ago I lost pretty much everything after going through a divorce. I have spent the last 8 years not building my bank account so much, but building my mindset. I would take a strong mindset over anything on the planet. Your mindset if strong, can heal disease, always create money, get you out of debt, and take you to places beyond your wildest dreams. I’ve even used it to attract love and even cars. I have more faith today than ever and see the world where possibility is limitless for those who can believe and it all starts in the mind.
“Whether you think you can, or you think you can’t–you’re right.” Henry Ford
Here are 10 tips that I have used to save me from bankruptcy and create lots of money and much more.
- Read books that inspire you every day (get in the habit of reading 10 pages per day)
- Subconscious reprogramming (music and guided meditation), you can find on YouTube or the internet (most is free). Make sure to get a good pair of headphones.
- Learn to be present (this will help you to control your thoughts and become a master at slowing down time).
- Meditate and pray daily (I try to spend a few minutes a day praying and up to 30 minutes per day in meditation).
- BE CAREFUL WHO YOU SPEND TIME WITH (Don’t cut off all friends, as you can be a great inspiration, but spend most of your time with those that have more of what you want).
- Always be open to new opportunities for either business or investment. (Stay open because your faith is strong.)
- BE REALLY CLEAR (Be very clear on what it is you want until you are clear don’t get into action).
- Live life to the fullest (Don’t every deny yourself of life’s many pleasures, in other words, if you want to drive a luxury car or go on an exotic vacation – go get it. Know that you deserve it and go after it like you already own it before you do.)
- Work harder on yourself than your business, than your job, or anything else. (Always be working on becoming the best version of you.)
- Find a mentor or mentors. I’ve had life coaches, mentors, and connect with people often who I look up to. These mentors can all be of great help in helping you achieve your goals. One of my life coaches helped me increase my income dramatically in less than a year.
So there you have it. 10 tips I have used to help me get back on my feet, avoid bankruptcy and pretty much live the life that I desire most of the time. It’s not so much about how much money you have in your bank account, but how you feel about yourself. I personally know millionaires who are financially insecure. Security isn’t in your net worth but in your self-worth.
Years ago when I was first learning about becoming an entrepreneur and leaving my corporate job back in 2007 for a one year adventure overseas, I heard the term, “leaders are readers.” I wasn’t sure what to make of that, but I noticed that as I started to read more self-help books mainly from authors like Jim Rohn, Wayne Dyer, and Napolean Hill I noticed over time that I started to look at things differently. In fact, I think the first time I read the book “Rich Dad, Poor Dad” by Robert Kiyosaki I thought differently about working, money, and just about everything to do with business. I went from working for the past 10 years of my life to being self-employed again. As for the past 10 years I have only been employed for 4 of them. Before I started reading these books I had come to the conclusion that I had little control over my destiny and I pretty much had to give up on my dreams even though as a child and young adult I had many dreams.
Everyone is born a genius, but the process of living de-geniuses them. – Buckminster Fuller 1927, a
Luckily, in my mid-thirties I didn’t buy into the idea of settling for a life of mediocrity. In fact, I felt like I was beginning to live again after reading those books. I began to think differently and realized that my thoughts and actions were in correlation to my future.
I remember around the same time that I read Rich Dad, Poor Dad. I had also watched the movie The Secret and shortly thereafter purchased the book. The Secret was a best seller and based on the idea of The Law of Attraction. The Law of Attraction was basically and idea that our thoughts become things, so if we are going to think we might as well think positive. I kind of compared it to what the bible had to say over a thousand years ago, “As a man thinks so is he.” Proverbs 23:7
So my challenge to you over the next 30 days until it becomes a habit is to pick up an inspirational or educational book and challenge yourself to read 10 pages per day. Do this for a period of 30 days and I will do it with you and lets see if our thoughts begin to change.
Below I have listed some of my favorite books to help get you started.
- The Magic of Thinking Big by David J. Schwartz
- Rich Dad Poor Dad by Robert Kiyosaki
- The Richest Man in Babylon by Jim Rohn
- As a Man Thinketh by James Allen
- Harmonic Wealth by James Arthur Ray
- The Secret by Rhonda Byrne
- Multiple Streams of Income by Robert G. Allen
- The Science of Getting Rich by Wallace Wattles
- Think and Grow Rich by Napolean Hill
- The Bible the inspired word of God
I have read all of the above and recommend any of them to you and guarantee that if you start reading any of them on a daily basis that your thoughts will begin to change for the better.
This article was retrieved from another article I wrote on 3/22/17 at medium.com