Pinterest is a catalog social media site of pictures and ideas from travel to business to the latest & greatest recipes to stir up your belly or even your love life.
Pinterest has been around since 2012 and currently has around 150 million active monthly users (mostly women). I’ve been on Pinterest for a few years now and find it to be one of the most interesting social media sites. Not unlike Instagram as you just post pictures (pin it). In the
I’ve been on Pinterest for a few years now and find it to be one of the most interesting social media sites and most fun too. Not unlike Instagram as you just post pictures (pin it), but more informative. In the pictures (you upload or share) you must describe your picture so it shows up in The Pinterest Searches. I’ve personally used Pinterest for recipes when cooking, making travel plans, and I personally love all the funny pictures, jokes, and quotes (great way to start your day with a big smile). Here are some tips I have found useful for using Pinterest as a valuable tool to promote my businesses, blog, and brand over the past few years.
- Pin Often (at least 1 time per day) Post your own pics or find pics that are relevant to your brand or business.
- Create Boards that grab people’s interests (a few of mine are: Cool Photos, The Truth Shall Set You Free, Places I’d Like To See, Social Media Tips & Tricks, Funny, and Get Healthy)
- #Hashtags don’t matter on PInterest, but you must describe your picture in detail or know one will ever find it.
- Boards & lots of them – pin to your boards regularly or they will get lost in SEO (Search Engine Optimization).
- Set Up a Business Page on Pinterest (not personal) especially if you’re going to be using Pinterest for Brand Awareness.
- Once you’re using Pinterest on a regular basis you’ll want to use Pinterest Analytics to see how you’re doing.
- Engage with Others. If someone reaches out to you or makes a comment don’t ignore. You never know who your next customer might be.
If you’d like to get up to speed on Social Media Marketing make sure to download a free copy of my ebook on this website “Social Media Tips & Tricks for Business” and absolutely make sure to follow me on Pinterest.