Top 10 Social Media Marketing Tips!
If you are on Social Media and are either promoting a business or thinking about it, you will want to be consistent in your activities. In this post I have posted 10 of my top 10 Social Media Marketing Tips to help promote your business on the different social media platforms.
- Don’t overwhelm yourself (pick 2 or 3 of your favorite Social Media Platforms)
- Be consistent (post daily or at least 2 to 3 times per week on each platform)
- 80/20 rule (80% of the time post personal or non-business related posts and 20% of the time post about your business)
- Connect often and engage (don’t just post — engage with your audience).
- Be creative (don’t post the same thing over and over. Try to come up with interesting content — pictures, quotes, things you enjoy)
- Be authentic — don’t be something you’re not. (If you don’t own a private jet — don’t pretend like you do, people need to relate to the real you.)
- Time management (don’t spend too much time on one platform. Get in and get out and engage with those that like and comment on your posts.)
- Know what you want to get in return for your efforts. (Figure out why you want to be on Social Media for Biz — is it for brand awareness, to get more followers, more customers, figure out why you are doing it. Don’t just being doing it because everyone else is.)
- Use 3rd party tools (important that you use 3rd party tools to streamline your social media marketing. A few to mention are http://socialoomph for twitter, http://hootsuite.com, and http://klout.com
- Have Fun! You wouldn’t go to a party and not have fun. Social Media is all about being at a party online — so make sure you have fun with it.
There are a few tips to get you going on social media. If you’d like to get more tips on Social Media Marketing make sure to pick up a free copy of my ebook on this site today.
This article was retrieved from another article I wrote on http://www.medium.com on 3/17/2017