I recently made a goal this year to sit down in apply myself to reading 10 pages per day. I figured if I could get in the habit of reading just 10 pages per day (20 to 30 minutes or less), by the end of the year I would have read over 3500 pages of something. Most books are around 200 pages in length, so by doing this, I could read at least 10 new books this year.
In the past up until now I have read some pretty amazing books and for any of you that just aren’t satisfied or would like to continue to grow in this journey called life; I want to share with you just 10 books that I have had a profound affect on my life. So here it goes, my top 10 list of books that have changed the way I look at things and had a deep impact on my life.
- The Bible – The inspired word of god is made up some amazing stories of men that struggled in life and were able to overcome great obstacles with God on their side. Whether you believe in the stories or not, The Bible has definitely had an impact in my life.
- Rich Dad Poor Dad by Robert Kiyosaki– When I had first picked up this book about 10 years ago I had all but given up on the idea of being my own boss. I was quite content just making a living working for someone else and really had never examined some of the ideas that were laid out in this book. I highly recommend you read it if you have any interest in investing or becoming an entrepreneur.
- As a Man Thinketh by James Allen – This book was originally published in 1903, but holds some great ideas to how our minds and thoughts can affect our futures. This book really made me aware of how I thought about things and looked at the world.
- The Secret by Rhonda Byrne – I had never heard of The Law of Attraction before reading this book. In fact, I was under the assumption that most everything happened for a reason and where I ended up was based more on my own destiny. This book helped me to realize that I could change my future by changing my thoughts. A longer more in depth version of As a Man Thinketh.
- The 4 Hour Work Week by Tim Ferris – This book is awesome as most of us have been programmed that being busy equates to being productive. Most tasks can be done in only a few minutes per day and most of the time we spend is wasted when it comes to work and business. This book will help you become way more productive and recognize when you are wasting your time and get you off of auto pilot.
- How To Win Friends and Influence People by Dale Carnegie – This book will help you to understand people and how building a network is so important to achieving success. This will also give you tools to become a better listener, a better person, and help you gain friends much faster. It will also help you persuade others to your way of thinking or influencing others with your ideas. A must-read for anyone in sales, network marketing, or business.
- Harmonic Wealth by James Arthur Ray – I loved this book. Unlike so many books on business or success, it talked about the 5 Pillars of Success – Financial, relational, mental, physical, and spiritual. It basically said you aren’t truly successful until you find success in all five areas.
- The Power of Intention by Wayne Dyer – Wayne is no longer with us in the physical reality, but he had some great ideas and certainly had made an impact on my life through his books and lectures. This book really stands out as my most favorite of all The Wayne Dyer Books I have read and would say it’s a must read for everyone regardless of their pursuits. This book will help you become a co-creator with the universe and understand that our intentions will ultimately create our reality.
- The Slight Edge by Jeff Olson – This book is based on the idea that all great things whether it be money saved, success on the football field, or a successful business owner all have one thing in common – an accumulation of good daily habits that compound over a period of time. The Slight Edge shows you how to get powerful results from the simple daily activities of your life, by using tools that are already within you and will help you recognize and become aware of your activities for the better. This book is a must read and I am so glad that I read it.
- The Four Year Career: How to Make Your Dreams of Fun and Financial Freedom Come True Or Not by Richard Bliss Brook – This book is a must read for anyone who is interested in building a career or a 2nd income in network marketing. This will help you understand the business and why it works, how it works, and how so many have found above average income in this industry. I was honored to have given a testimonial on this book in the past.
Well, there are my 10 favorite books of all time and I hope that you find a few or add a few to your list to read in the near future. You will not be sorry.