One of the first things I look at when I take on a new client for online marketing is if they have a way to build an email list on their website. An email list is so important as it does two things, one is it gets someone to enter their information while they are on your website and secondly it allows you to market people who have already been to your website. In marketing, it’s been said that it takes the average person 7 touches before they decide to buy your product or service (7 contacts).
“Email has an ability many channels don’t: creating valuable, personal touches – at scale.”
Here are a few other good reasons to why you need to build an email list.
- An Email List will allow you to measure growth in your business as every email is a future sale.
- An Email LIst is one of the few true business assets that you own and can take with you.
- With a bigger email list you could spread your message to a larger audience resulting in more sales.
- Building an email list leads to more opportunities for your business. Your contacts may not be looking for what you have to offer, but they may have a network of people who will.
- Having a bigger email list positions you as an expert in your niche.
- As you continue building a bigger list it will make your time more valuable and profitable when putting together newsletters.
If you don’t already have an email list service provider, you’ll need to get one. The top 3 that I recommend are IContact, Mailchimp, and AWeber. Most offer a FREE trial period and a way for you to create a form to insert into your website to begin building your list.
*This article was copied from my other blog at http://jtlmedia.net/2018/03/13/why-building-an-email-list-is-critical-for-your-business/
If you feel like you would rather stay away from marketing and focus more on the things you are good at — always feel free to reach out to me or another online expert for help on making your business stand out in a noisy overpopulated online world.