Succeeding in your home based business probably requires you to make a few phone calls every day – prospecting for business builders, and prospecting for customers or posting on Social Media or writing a blog or article like this one. In today’s blog, I want to share with you 5 things you must do on a daily basis to have success in your home based business. In fact, these 5 things will almost guarantee you success in any business venture if you follow them daily. These 5 things are probably not what you think about, but if you’re not in top physical and spiritual shape you will never be at the top of your game.
The 5 Things You MUST Do Daily To Have Success in Your Home Based Business.
- Prayer – if you believe in god or a higher power, I highly advise that you take a few minutes everyday preferably before you start your day and say a simple prayer – give thanks, ask for guidance, pray that god leads you to the right people for your business. Get in the habit of doing this daily and your business will certainly grow over a period of time.
- Read – Take a few minutes every day and get in the habit of reading. If you cannot read a book due to time constraints look for articles or quotes. Just take a few minutes every day and read a few pages. Challenge yourself to read 10 pages per day if possible. “Leader are readers.”
- Exercise – Take 30 minutes minimum per day at least 3 to 5 days per week and go for a walk, a run, or swimming. Do something everyday to keep you in shape. This will release endorphins that will make your day go so much better, plus it will build your immune system and help you to live a longer more productive life. I personally try and surf at least 2 days per week and go to the gym 2 days per week and go walking or hiking the other 2 days. In other words, Im getting exercise almost daily and it is so important for stamina and energy. I’ve never personally met anyone who was super successful who didn’t exercise on a regular basis.
- Diet – Watch what you eat and eat at least 3 meals per day. Learn about nutrition and make sure to get lots of fruits, protein, grains, and vegetables in your diet. It’s almost impossible to get all of our nutritional needs through food alone, so make sure to supplement with vitamins. Also, make sure to drink lots of water. A good rule of thumb on water is to take your body weight and divide it into 2 (thats how many ounces of water you should be drinking per day).
- Rest – Studies now show that we all need around 7 to 8 hours of sleep per day. Sleep is important and I know when I get 7 or 8 hours of sleep that I am much more productive throughout the day than when I only sleep 4 or 5 hours. Make it a priority to get sleep and this will always put you at the top of the game when it comes to succeeding in your business.
I didn’t include this in my top 5 things you should do on a daily basis to have success in your home based business, but this should be on it – Meditation. I have found that when I take 15 to 20 minutes per day and meditate that I not only slow down time but that I operate from a more heart-centered place. It connects my spirit to my higher power in such a way that I feel contentment and serenity. If you have never meditated before, but would like to, I highly recommend that you go to youtube and search for guided meditations. This is a great way to kick off your day, every day. Get in the habit of incorporating all 6 of my tips or a few into your daily activities and I can almost guarantee that you that you will not only grow as a person, but your business will grow too.