Having a daily routine is important not just for your well being, but also for your business. I honestly, never used to have a daily routine or at least wasn’t aware of it until after I read Tim Ferriss’ book, “The 4 Hour Work Week”, it made me think more about how to manage my time. I have never gotten down to 4 hour work week and I doubt that most people do, but many of us waste time on things that really aren’t all that productive. We mistake being busy for being productive – there is a big difference.
I remember years ago my brother was running a telemarketing room and he called me up and said, “Hey you’re not going to believe this, but they ran a marketing study at my company and found out that each of my employees is only really productive for 4 hours per day”. These employees were telemarketing reps for a fortune 500 company and working around 8 to 10 hours per day on average.
You see, most people don’t really have a daily routine and the reasons you want to have one is that when you complete tasks on time and with more efficiency. How would it feel to run your job or business more effectively in less time every day? I believe by creating a daily routine you can do this.
There are many things you may do on a daily basis that has nothing to do with work too. On my calendar, I include prayer & mediation and exercise. These are things I do daily no matter what and they pop up on my calendar every day. In fact, I will rarely let my head hit the pillow without completing my prayer or exercise time.
Here are some benefits to having a daily routine.
- You’ll check more things off your to-do list. Running errands, work, going to the gym. When you complete things daily you’ll automatically feel better.
- You’ll feel less stress & anxiety. Have you ever noticed how anxiety & stress goes through the roof when you’re not getting anything done? By having a daily routine, you’ll simply accomplish more in less time and feel better about it.
- You’ll be able to get more done which will give you more free time to relax or do the things that you enjoy. In fact, its crucial that you take time every day or week to do the things that you enjoy (hobbies, exercise, etc..)
- You can create good habits and get rid of bad habits. Maybe you like to spend your free time watching the news and you don’t like the negativity it’s filling your head with, so you simply do the opposite and watch something positive. This will shift your bad habit to a better one.
- Having a regular routine or schedule gives you more control over your day and by having more control you’ll begin to discover that life won’t just happen so often. You’ll know pretty much how your day is going to go and you will benefit greatly from it.
- You will no longer procrastinate. I put things on my calendar that I need to do and if they don’t get done they get moved to the next day. Sometimes I will just get sick of looking at this thing that is stuck on my calendar that I know needs to get done and I do it. Getting the things off of our to-do list feels great.
These are some reasons of why you should have a daily routine and in my opinion, create a daily task list as well. These tips will not only help you become a better employee, entrepreneur, or business owner but will also allow you to free up more time in your schedule to do more of the things you love.
More Resources For You:
How To Get Paid Daily With Bitcoin
5 Things You Must Do Daily To Have Success In Your Home Based Business
John Lowery’s Blog
Facebook – Facebook.com/johnloweryfanpage