Having a daily routine is important not just for your well being, but also for your business. I honestly, never used to have a daily routine or at least wasn’t aware of it until after I read Tim Ferriss’ book, “The 4 Hour Work Week”, it made me think more about how to manage my time. I have never gotten down to 4 hour work week and I doubt that most people do, but many of us waste time on things that really aren’t all that productive. We mistake being busy for being productive – there is a big difference.
I remember years ago my brother was running a telemarketing room and he called me up and said, “Hey you’re not going to believe this, but they ran a marketing study at my company and found out that each of my employees is only really productive for 4 hours per day”. These employees were telemarketing reps for a fortune 500 company and working around 8 to 10 hours per day on average.
You see, most people don’t really have a daily routine and the reasons you want to have one is that when you complete tasks on time and with more efficiency. How would it feel to run your job or business more effectively in less time every day? I believe by creating a daily routine you can do this.
There are many things you may do on a daily basis that has nothing to do with work too. On my calendar, I include prayer & mediation and exercise. These are things I do daily no matter what and they pop up on my calendar every day. In fact, I will rarely let my head hit the pillow without completing my prayer or exercise time.
Here are some benefits to having a daily routine.
- You’ll check more things off your to-do list. Running errands, work, going to the gym. When you complete things daily you’ll automatically feel better.
- You’ll feel less stress & anxiety. Have you ever noticed how anxiety & stress goes through the roof when you’re not getting anything done? By having a daily routine, you’ll simply accomplish more in less time and feel better about it.
- You’ll be able to get more done which will give you more free time to relax or do the things that you enjoy. In fact, its crucial that you take time every day or week to do the things that you enjoy (hobbies, exercise, etc..)
- You can create good habits and get rid of bad habits. Maybe you like to spend your free time watching the news and you don’t like the negativity it’s filling your head with, so you simply do the opposite and watch something positive. This will shift your bad habit to a better one.
- Having a regular routine or schedule gives you more control over your day and by having more control you’ll begin to discover that life won’t just happen so often. You’ll know pretty much how your day is going to go and you will benefit greatly from it.
- You will no longer procrastinate. I put things on my calendar that I need to do and if they don’t get done they get moved to the next day. Sometimes I will just get sick of looking at this thing that is stuck on my calendar that I know needs to get done and I do it. Getting the things off of our to-do list feels great.
These are some reasons of why you should have a daily routine and in my opinion, create a daily task list as well. These tips will not only help you become a better employee, entrepreneur, or business owner but will also allow you to free up more time in your schedule to do more of the things you love.
More Resources For You:
How To Get Paid Daily With Bitcoin
5 Things You Must Do Daily To Have Success In Your Home Based Business
I recently made a goal this year to sit down in apply myself to reading 10 pages per day. I figured if I could get in the habit of reading just 10 pages per day (20 to 30 minutes or less), by the end of the year I would have read over 3500 pages of something. Most books are around 200 pages in length, so by doing this, I could read at least 10 new books this year.
In the past up until now I have read some pretty amazing books and for any of you that just aren’t satisfied or would like to continue to grow in this journey called life; I want to share with you just 10 books that I have had a profound affect on my life. So here it goes, my top 10 list of books that have changed the way I look at things and had a deep impact on my life.
- The Bible – The inspired word of god is made up some amazing stories of men that struggled in life and were able to overcome great obstacles with God on their side. Whether you believe in the stories or not, The Bible has definitely had an impact in my life.
- Rich Dad Poor Dad by Robert Kiyosaki– When I had first picked up this book about 10 years ago I had all but given up on the idea of being my own boss. I was quite content just making a living working for someone else and really had never examined some of the ideas that were laid out in this book. I highly recommend you read it if you have any interest in investing or becoming an entrepreneur.
- As a Man Thinketh by James Allen – This book was originally published in 1903, but holds some great ideas to how our minds and thoughts can affect our futures. This book really made me aware of how I thought about things and looked at the world.
- The Secret by Rhonda Byrne – I had never heard of The Law of Attraction before reading this book. In fact, I was under the assumption that most everything happened for a reason and where I ended up was based more on my own destiny. This book helped me to realize that I could change my future by changing my thoughts. A longer more in depth version of As a Man Thinketh.
- The 4 Hour Work Week by Tim Ferris – This book is awesome as most of us have been programmed that being busy equates to being productive. Most tasks can be done in only a few minutes per day and most of the time we spend is wasted when it comes to work and business. This book will help you become way more productive and recognize when you are wasting your time and get you off of auto pilot.
- How To Win Friends and Influence People by Dale Carnegie – This book will help you to understand people and how building a network is so important to achieving success. This will also give you tools to become a better listener, a better person, and help you gain friends much faster. It will also help you persuade others to your way of thinking or influencing others with your ideas. A must-read for anyone in sales, network marketing, or business.
- Harmonic Wealth by James Arthur Ray – I loved this book. Unlike so many books on business or success, it talked about the 5 Pillars of Success – Financial, relational, mental, physical, and spiritual. It basically said you aren’t truly successful until you find success in all five areas.
- The Power of Intention by Wayne Dyer – Wayne is no longer with us in the physical reality, but he had some great ideas and certainly had made an impact on my life through his books and lectures. This book really stands out as my most favorite of all The Wayne Dyer Books I have read and would say it’s a must read for everyone regardless of their pursuits. This book will help you become a co-creator with the universe and understand that our intentions will ultimately create our reality.
- The Slight Edge by Jeff Olson – This book is based on the idea that all great things whether it be money saved, success on the football field, or a successful business owner all have one thing in common – an accumulation of good daily habits that compound over a period of time. The Slight Edge shows you how to get powerful results from the simple daily activities of your life, by using tools that are already within you and will help you recognize and become aware of your activities for the better. This book is a must read and I am so glad that I read it.
- The Four Year Career: How to Make Your Dreams of Fun and Financial Freedom Come True Or Not by Richard Bliss Brook – This book is a must read for anyone who is interested in building a career or a 2nd income in network marketing. This will help you understand the business and why it works, how it works, and how so many have found above average income in this industry. I was honored to have given a testimonial on this book in the past.
Well, there are my 10 favorite books of all time and I hope that you find a few or add a few to your list to read in the near future. You will not be sorry.