How much time should I devote to social media daily?
It all depends on what your goals are and what you want to accomplish. I know professionals who work from home who spend hours on Social Media for business and people like myself who spend maybe an hour or less per day on average. But here is what I do know.
If you are not consistently posting on any of the major social media sites – you will not have a lot of success on Social Media if you are trying to promote yourself or your business.
Having made quite a bit of money in the past by using Social Media for my business endeavors here are a few things I recommend to get the biggest bang for your buck.
- Don’t waste time too much time looking around. Just like shopping know what you’re going in for and get out as quickly as possible.
- Post at least 1 to 2 times daily on Facebook, Instagram, and Pinterest and up to 6 times daily on Twitter.
- Like and retweet what others have to say (don’t just promote you).
- If you’re on a tight schedule – set a timer for 15 or 30 minutes (repeat daily)
- Have applications on your smart phone that allow you to post or engage at slow times throughout the day (standing in line at the grocery store, post office, on work break, etc.)
- Just like anything else to be successful, you must put some time and energy into it to get anything in return.
I think the 3 most important questions to ask yourself as it pertains to Social Media for your business is – What do I want to accomplish from it? How much time am I willing to put into it? How much am I willing to spend?
If you’d like to get more information on how to be successful on Social Media. You can pick up my new book “The Social Media Puzzle & How To Profit From it” on Amazon and Barnes & Noble.
I have been involved in the network marketing profession part-time and full-time since 2007 as both a distributor and a sales trainer. I have always wondered why some succeed and so many more fail. I have found that the ones that do succeed aren’t really more talented than anyone else just more motivated. In fact, most anyone with a little bit of persistence who is willing to take action can make money in network marketing.
With that being said I am a firm believer in consistent daily repeatable actions. In other words, these repeatable actions must become habits and be easy enough to do that you can repeat them over and over without thinking about them. I personally have been mentored and coached by some of the top income earners in the network marketing profession and they always told me to take massive action. I personally always felt that was kind of crazy in a way as I never felt that others would follow my footsteps. So, this morning when I caught myself reading a blog by a 20 million dollar income earner Nathan Ricks, I thought it was such great advice that I would share with you what he does and has been teaching for the past 20 years with his team.
Here is what he had to say.
- Talk to 3 people daily about your business.
- Do 3 – 3 way calls daily with your team (probably won’t happen until your team grows past at least 20 people, but good advice for people with larger teams).
- Sponsor 3 new distributors/customers per month.
Now I personally haven’t tried this on for size as I haven’t been full-time in the network marketing industry since 2013, but I would say that even if I were part-time I would try to create a recipe like the above to simplify my activities and give me something to work towards on a daily and monthly basis. If you’d like to learn more about network marketing feel free to reach out to me as I have built large organizations of several thousand people in multiple companies in the past and have been a top income earner in more than a few companies. If you’d like to take advantage of my free coaching feel free to fill out the online form by clicking here.